Friday 19 March 2010

Is Anyone There? Well EMMMM YES!!!

Hello!!

So I have had lots of emails from .... Myself!! No only joking. I have had lots of emails from people asking where have I been, I think I said this in the last blog post so I should just copy and paste it.. Well anyway the reason I have not blogged is.... wait for it.... wait even longer.... well I just haven't :):):)

To tell everyone the truth I really have not had time to blog, there has been lots of things going on and there has been lots of times I have thought to myself 'I should blog this' but just didn't do that.

So what’s going on to make me so busy? You may ask!

Well as everyone knows I am involved in the local radio station and present 2 shows on the station (1 of which is a 'mainstream' show) but some people would say well doing 5 hours of talking rubbish and playing rubbish songs what have been over played by every radio station in the UK is not hard... Well then you’re correct, and that’s all they do on radio 1.

At the moment writing this blog and just thinking about what I just wrote there. Why would I want to work at a radio station what does something I described as crap... well I don’t know maybe as it is one of the biggest radio stations in the UK. If anyone from the BBC is reading this well the last 2 paragraphs I was made to write;)

Anyway as I was trying to move on to say at the local radio station I don’t just do shows (And let me add my shows are very good you should listen to them, the links will be at the bottom of the page) I do lots of other stuff there... All of which cannot be named as I’m sure all the hours I put in would be against a law as of my age or something.

There is a statement i hear nearly every week from all different people "Without you, this place would fall apart" Well good!

But no on the serious note I am working on lots of exciting projects at the radio station, I have recently joined up with Matt Clifford who presents the Drive Time show and Jodie, or as Matt calls her 'The one what doesn't speak.... Long story and I'm not going into it!. so we are planning lots of things some of which include outside broadcast which should be fun. Well I will say I am having fun when I have made everything work and link back to the station, at the end of the day if everything does not work it will be my fault. Although if something doesn’t work I will blame it on someone else...

Moving on from the radio station let me tell you about... guess.... another radio station. Yes I am being serious!

So I have been working with 5 'Youth' radio stations in the UK 1 of these is in Cornwall and another in Scotland. Well because I setup one of the latest online radio stations which to this day is doing very well I won’t give them a plug as people will get annoyed with my endless plugging, but if you want to visit it just ask me for the link. So the company which has taken on the role of making these 5 Youth radio stations work and make money has appointed me into 'Technical Project Leader' the title I give myself is THE BOSS!!!

I have also been working on a new online social media client, for a company in the US. The social media client will be like twitter but for a smaller, safer community.

We are working on something which will work along the US and the UK schools, think of it as something when you were 10 you had a school project where you had a pen pal, with someone in another country well the truth is it was probably your teacher.

So this social media site will be a private hosted site which means the only people able to access it is the people with the correct login details. It will be for age range 9-16. The site will have features like pictures and instant chat. IT will enable students to do the thing of talking to someone else in another country but do it the modern way. The world is moving on and I think people need to realize that.

Oh also we (Well my mum) is awaiting a bran new car which is currently being built. So for the next 5 weeks I have a private driver!! Makes me feel like I am someone who I am not!

So moving on as this has been a long blog post, thanks for reading....

Oh before I go, just as reading this though to check it over one of the worst songs ever just came on my play list... Don't Look back in anger by The Wurzels.... Well it could be worse it could be classical music (Private joke)

Pete

Show Websites: InstantRadioMix.co.uk TheCommunityShow.co.uk

Blog: PeteHelmore.co.uk

About site: PeteHelmore.info

Twitter: PeteHelmore.com

Main Website: NeedTechHelp.co.uk



Posted via web from Pete Helmore's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment