Sunday 24 April 2011

Dark Room, Creativity, Oh no?

So as I sit here in a dark room with only my laptop to light up the room, I feel a little bit of creativity coming on.

So I'm listening to a radio station, which I must say is pretty good.
And as one of my eyes is weired and goes the wrong way, I feel sitting in a dark room with a really bright laptop screen and a power cable with a blue light on it, is probably not to good the the 'eye' situation.

So now on to the creativity, recently I was contacted a 'youth leading media advisory project'(someone needs to work on that name). So yeah I was contacted by them asking me what I thought of the ideas they had. Now it is hard to say something is rubbish without being rude, but I managed it by saying I think it could do with some 'work'.
So that aside it had me thinking of some of the stuff I did at school, all the silly time wasting atempts the school spent trying to make you interested in something which noone cared about apart from the teacher.

So with this in mind, I am in the stage of contacting a few people (old teachers and 'important' people). I want to help them run a few projects which people are interested in, this could be, ICT, Media, Radio, TV or so on. But I think the one thing which would be different about it, would be because a 'younger' person would be running it and working with the kids directly, they would probalby show more emotion and passion for it.

A good a example of this would be, in my last years at school I was asked to help out on this media project (a radio show, which included radio plays and so on) So first of all I was just asked to be the techician but what we found as the week went on was the kids who at this stage were only a few years younger than me, worked a lot better when it was just me in there, or in charge and so on. Even if we didn't do anything different than what the 'teacher' would do they still seemed to react differently.

So anyway closing this post now as it is to long, as at first it was only meant to be a tweet, but now look. Also I dont want to give any ideas away I know there are people reading this blog, WHO STEAL OTHER PEOPLES IDEAS!!!!!
Anyway I'm off.

PS: Sorry for not posting on this blog for ages, I post more on PeteHelmore.com.
PPS: I was speaking to the guy which runs my online company TechHelp 24/7, at the moment he is re-launching all the sites and trying to work out systems to cope with the traffic demand. So I will be writing a blog post about that some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment