Friday 4 December 2009

HI, yes I am still here...

In my mind, this blog is worth reading but may take you 5-10 mins so make sure you have time. Thanks 


So I know I have had lots of emails from lots of my blog readers asking where I have been.

Well I have been really busy with my college work at the moment, and all my radio work. As you all can understand I'm trying to focus on my career at the moment.

So well what have I been up to recently, the other week I did a interview with Leah Smith about 'if I think DAB radio will work'. This was a good subject for me to talk about as recently I did an article for a media magazine. I will try uploading the article sometime this week; I will also try uploading the recorded interview I did, so watch this space... I really enjoyed doing the interview and also helping out a good mate.

Also I have been working more on stream lining the local radio station. I'm trying to put functions in place that in the long run will help out the station. E.G. I recently fitted a remote login system to our streaming computer; this means if the stream goes down me and the manager can log on and just start it back up. What I would want the readers of this blog to understand is all this work is self taught. I learn as I do it, I come up on mistakes do research and learn how to fix them and in my mind that is a great ability what I don't think everyone has, which is a shame.

There are some people I know what don't learn as they do stuff, now saying this some of them people are very smart, and like to study before doing it. Whereas I am more a hands on person, I do it and then think about later, and in my life it has not done me any harm. This is one of them things what just shows everyone is different, and I think people should remember it. I hate it when I know or work with younger kids who say stuff like "I want to do this as my mate is doing it" I always want to say don't just do something because they are doing it, there has to be a point in your life where you focus on yourself and let others worry about them self's. Now in that statement I'm not trying to say you should have no friends and you should live a single  life away from everyone, because if you start doing that you will start to drift off from your friends.

Now moving on from my little speech there HA.

So getting back to what I was talking about, I have recently been teaching myself lots of skills, to use in 1, my college course and 2, my day to day life.

What else????

Oh I know, I have been focusing my time online to learn more about social media, and all about the online communities. For example this blog is a online community using social media to publish it over the net. Now as a lot of readers of this blog will know, I use twitter a lot. Well recently I have not been as much but I am still a big twitter fan. I also have facebook and I am on that lots but only use the status updates to advertise my radio shows, I more use twitter to update. I think this is because some of the people I have on facebook I think well they may not be interested in what I have to say, whereas I know the people following me on twitter are interested otherwise they would not follow me would they.

I also had a interview today, with Simon Davis who soon will be getting more and more involved in the radio station, I think it was a great chance to do this interview and would like to say thank you to Simon Davis.

So at the moment if you don't see me tweet that much it is probably because I'm trying to study (Not looking at books, but generally learning) about twitter, and facebook.

Tomorrow well later today I am going into BMI Bath Clinic to have another operation but I will not bother you with any of the details in this.

Once again I would like to say thank you to the readers of my blog, and please do understand at the moment I'm trying to focus on my career so if I don't blog for a while you know why.

Also I would like to thank Jodie and Leah as we have been working together at the station this year and I think it is always nice to have a couple of people who understand where you are coming from, as they are in media them self's they understand what I am trying to do in my career. Now I have worked with Leah for 3-4 years before the station this year, but coming into the station at the start of this year was the first time meeting Jodie. Now sometimes I think I have known them both for the same amount of time, and I think this shows if you're willing to get out there and talk to people, you will meet some interesting people. Now in that statement, that's not saying all the other volunteers are rubbish lol, as there not all the volunteers well most ha are great and I have enjoyed working with them all this year.

Once again thank you so much everyone online, and in real life for the support.

Pete Helmore

P.S Have a very nice festive season, and hope you all have a very good Christmas. And if your birthday is on Christmas Eve or Christmas day... Happy Birthday.



You can find the people I have mentioned in this blog at :

http://twitter.com/leeeeeeeeah

http://twitter.com/Jodie_kemp

You can find me at www.needtechhelp.co.uk and www.petehelmore.co.uk and twitter.com/petehelmore or facebook.com/petehelmore

No comments:

Post a Comment